Black Friday is known for being the largest retail day of the year! Are you going to be out finding the deals in the Bay Area at places like Sun Valley and the Great Mall in Milpitas?
Or will you be finding great deals online through places like Amazon? Some of the biggest retailers will do whatever it takes to get you in the doors and spending money. After you enjoy spending time with the family, playing football and stuffing your face… Get out and spend some money!
According to history For millions of people Black Friday is the time to do some serious Christmas shopping –even before the last of the Thanksgiving leftovers are gone! Black Black is the Friday after Thanksgiving, and it’s one of the major shopping days of the year in the United States -falling anywhere between November 23 and 29. While it’s not recognized as an official US holiday, many employees have the day off -except those working in retail.
The term “Black Friday” was coined in the 1960s to mark the kickoff to the Christmas shopping season. “Black” refers to stores moving from the “red” to the “black,” back when accounting records were kept by hand, and red ink indicated a loss, and black a profit. Ever since the start of the modern Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in 1924, the Friday after Thanksgiving has been known as the unofficial start to a bustling holiday shopping season.
- The Frugal Find: Black Friday Deals for digital cameras, TVs, Laptops, Blu-ray…
- Frugal Day: Black Friday deals at Toys r Us, Gap, Walgreens, Rite Aid…
- Macy’s: Deals on shoes, clothing, jewelry, bedding…
- Walgreens: $10 or Less , with many freebies
- Target: $10 or Less – Toasters, handmixers, blu-ray discs, sweaters & $10 off deal
- Department Store Deals: Highlights of JC Penney, Macy’s, Target, Walmart and more.
- Gap: 50% off the entire store before 10am
- 7×7: Listing of 22 different black friday sales at boutiques and stores in San Francisco
This is also the time of year to go out and purchase your annual ugly Christmas Sweater to show off at those christmas parties.